Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flossy, the Ravens and Using Tyvek Beads

Flossy had an interesting encounter with a flock of a half-dozen ravens up the 40,000 Road.  The birds followed us for quite a distance, swooping down over Flossy, landing several feet away and then launching themselves into the trees on either side of the road.  I was not quick-thinking enough to make a video but did get one pretty good still shot of the game.


I thought you might also like to see what I have done with some of my Tyvek beads.  I plan to market these little wearable bags at the Octoberfest Artshare coming up in a couple weeks here in town.  The bags are made with scraps of my hand-painted and dyed fabrics, finished off with the beads and a necklace-length leather cord.  They are the right size to hold credit card/driver's license or cell phone/I-pod.

 


Off to the studio in the morning! 

6 comments:

  1. Interesting encounter with ravens! I wonder if they were trying to get her to go open a carcass for them? I know that there is an interesting relationship between ravens and coyotes, especially in winter when carcasses are frozen and ravens can't open them. The ravens find coyotes and bring them to the carcass. When the coyotes have eaten, then the ravens get their shot - its a win/win for everyone - smart birds!

    But I also know ravens like playing games, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CR - Thanks! I am excited to see if this little design is a 'seller''

    V - Fascinating! They did seem to be trying to herd her a bit. But as you note, they love games, and this was sure a silly one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bags and beads- love the top one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beads look good on the bags.
    I could also see those bags with a V flap held closed by the weight of the bead.

    I love the way you drew in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don - Thank you. I hope they sell!

    Zom, I am enjoying drawing with my Bamboo Fun tablet, a gift from my mom and dad, and one of the coolest digital toys out there.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...