Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Re-commit


In the flurry of this summer’s extraordinary events, I have pushed my musings here to the back burner.  
Under the Ballard Bridge, 5:54 am

On the Morning Walk yesterday, I wondered if I want to remain committed to maintaining a presence in Blogland and decided: YES, the rewards of participating in this community are rich, providing inspiration at every turn.  

View out the window riding Metro downtown last week
So, I here-by officially re-commit to regular visits and regular postings here.  Flossy may even get a chance to say a word again soon.

A random stack of papers on my table yielded this surprising little accidental collage when I moved things around in the studio last Thursday.

From last week, an as-yet untitled acrylic on paper, 8"x8"
 
Last Tuesday I began the 'Twenty Print Challenge' workshop at Pratt.  I was more than a bit nervous, returning to etching after twenty years!  Would the waters be too deep?  Knowing that the only way to overcome fear is to go right on through I took the plunge and found myself up to the challenge. 

Press setting for my copper etching plate which is a bit thicker than the other print makers are using.
Being back on a press again is thrilling magic.  I also think being involved in another medium cross-pollinates one's other practices in interesting ways. 

ink, acrylic and charcoal drawing on brown paper bag
Print number one of the Twenty Print Challenge!
In other news, moving into our own apartment in a quiet building on a shady and secluded side street has made life a lot less jagged and opened the way for some small routines to begin to emerge.  
Sunset at the Locks
 Serenity is much closer at hand.  

Now if Flossy could just do something about all these pesky squirrels...

8 comments:

  1. sus, i'm glad you're sticking around blogland - even if just to peek in once in a while. which i myself am doing these days. : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All GOOD news ... best wishes & all happiness in the new digs !

    and ... awaiting word from the Flossy perspective ;>D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I would be so sad if you left blog land...but I do know what you mean- I often ask myself if it's worth it...I think the happy medium is to do it when you want and not get too regimented...it is summer after all, and when the season changes the energy changes too- :)
    Love the etching photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're not leaving the blogosphere...I'd miss you if you left! Everything you do is a winner, imo. So glad you've got yourselves new digs and can begin to establish a routine for your lives. Hope Flossy likes the new place, too. Hugs from me and Beeg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your prints! - eric

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are staying connected in Blogland. I'd miss you and Flossy. BUT I understand how you feel, especially during summer. It's good to hear you are happy in your new place. Shaded quiet streets are the best. How are you coping with this summer heat? I'm so thankful my studio is in the cool cool basement! xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. there your have, serenity close to hand, and a commitment we can fully enjoy ourselves too. thank you! n♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that brown paper bag painting.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...