Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Complete - Not Finished

I washed out the paintings done in the last two weeks - they are up on the wall awaiting the next thing.  Complete but not finished, as Professor Spafford used to say.


 Snake Handler I - work in progress

 
Snake Handler II - work in progress

I am re-reading Peter London's 1989 book No More Second Hand Art and finding lots to ponder on the morning walk, which is now a complete flash light show.  Sun rise is about 7:15 am - and it's dark by 4:15 in the afternoon.  My neighbor cheerfully pointed out that solstice is less than 40 days off, and then we'll have lengthening daylight again.  Yeh, that'll be good.

2 comments:

  1. oh, snake handler II has my heart... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Peter London's book too -
    isnt it strong?
    I have always had this battle with artistic authenticity, and the desire to emulate artist I love...
    Glad there is someone else who likes the book..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...