Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cooking and Giving Thanks

In honor of the big cooking (and eating) holiday here in the United States, Thanksgiving Day which we observe the fourth Thursday of November, I give you here my top five favorite cook books.
I have cooked out of four of these at least once a week since the Sailor and I got married over thirty years ago. Beard on Bread was a gift to myself a couple of years ago and have not been disappointed by a single loaf - I bake bread every other week.  Cooking and baking are a creative charge for me and I am grateful that my mom let me get into the kitchen early and often as a girl.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

3 comments:

  1. My personal fav cookbooks are Fannie Farmer, Moosewood, and the original Tassajara Bread Book. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Connie - Moosewood (all of them) also grace my cookbook shelf,and are well used! I must check out the Tassajara Bread Book, which I have heard of but never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived in the Caribbean and couldn't find bread that was not sweet, I depended on the original Tassajara Bread Book. I just gave away a bunch of cookbooks in my effort to "go light". That was difficult except that I did find them some good homes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...