Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day Hodgepodge

Really a pretty great week - started with a few days of rain, just enough to knock the dust down, and then turned into a lovely Earth Day today.  Capped off with good news in the family, and I am soaring into the new week as high as these harbingers of spring:
Sand Hill Cranes overhead on the morning walk
You always hear their odd cries before you see them.
At the studio, I was completing a piece for the Fiberactions split complementary color challenge.  More about that on Reveal Day, May 15th.

 
In the woods, more stuff is budding.  This week the Devil's Club plants began to show new life.
Devil's Club bud - I think they look prehistoric!
In my sketchbook, too, daily drawings gravitate toward blossoms.  Happy week to all!
 'The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity.  The creative mind plays with the objects it loves'.  -Carl Jung







5 comments:

  1. We live on a crane highway in Delta. I've seen them circling in such massive flocks that it looks like the northern lights undulating.
    My eye jumped to your watercolor blossoms. Those are wonderful, like little landscapes within the blossoms. I could see this as a fabric design.
    Enjoy spring and if you look above next Saturday you may see these Arizona snowbirds heading north. I'mm looking forward to getting back to AK
    Enjoy the spring!
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote from Jung, also your drawing. You have a wonderful week, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sight of the cranes (we don't have them over here ...), here it's the geese you hear before you see them ...
    .. and that devil's club looks not only prehistoric, but rather scary too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote! The photo of the cranes reminded me to drive over to the trees where we have herons return to their rookeriers each spring. Not somewhere to picnic under....we made that mistake years ago under a tall tree Stanley Park in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your week is continuing to be a good one! Your crane photos are amazing. I get excited when I hear and see one or two here in Wisconsin, but the numbers you have there! Wow! I also love the glimpse into your sketchbook and the quote. What would we do without Carl Jung???
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...