Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Sheltie of Liberty

Hello, Flossy here, with news about this year's Fourth of July festivities here in Town.  Although Mother does not have television, I do like to keep up with current events, and so was not unaware that yesterday the Statue of Liberty re-opened in New York City.  What a perfect theme for my Parade Costume, I thought!
 Mother found a pillow case the proper color for my robe, and quickly cut a piece of Timtex into a crown.  In less than the time it takes to chase a cat out of the house, I was transformed!
I felt very regal as the Sheltie of Liberty.  At 10:30, we hurried to the Top of PFI Hill to join the Parade.
There is always quite a wait before the People in Charge declare it is time to march.  I waited patiently. 

Mother was too busy marching to take other photos during the parade, but we did look splendid, I am sure!  Later in the day, we stopped by the Kiddie Karnival to see how The Nose was performing.
It appeared to be a Huge Success!
In summary, the Fourth of July was fun but exhausting.  Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

  1. There were lots of comments about the parade and events posted on the 'net. It sounds like it was a great time! I felt like playing hermit, and was happy enough to stay home and live vicariously through other's photos and stories. . . but we did come in for the fireworks--pretty impressive display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy times dear Flossy! Your costume won for best in show (parade!) and you can thank your creative mom for that! I enjoyed this view very much. Ta! N, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! my favourite time of the year........Flossie cuteness parade!

    Hugs to you and Mother Miss Flossie........love your outfit by the way.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Flossy, you are such a swéét, pátient, góód dog !!!!
    ("mother" probably realizes quite well, how lucky she is with you !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :–––)))
    Have a wonderful sunday Sus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful parade and carnival!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...