Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine Garlands

I spent a couple of hours this morning with Timtex, Wonderunder, and my scrap heap making these garlands in preparation for Valentine's Day, one of my top favorite days of the year.

 
The first garland has the hearts hanging from thin strips of fabric.

The second is made with my hand-dyed yarn.
February is one of the best months.  Here's why:
  1. We survived January
  2. Groundhog's Day
  3. Chinese New Year
  4. Great Candy holiday: Valentine's Day
  5. Monday holiday - President's Day
  6. Noticeably longer daylight hours
  7. Winter half over
  8. My birthday (blush!)
  9. Only 28 days and it's March!
Do you have a favorite month?

2 comments:

  1. When's your B-day, Susan? Mine is the 18th. I'm taking the Monday holiday on Friday, because I don't work Mondays -- meaning I'll have a 5-day weekend!

    But February isn't my favorite month -- October is. Good choice for a "fall" person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I have traveled overseas it is always April and September so even if I don;t travel they are still my favorite months.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...