Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

State of Mind DC

This week's drawing challenge - State of Mind - added to the already very introspective quality of my days and nights. 
 The first half of the week, grey stormy conditions prevailed in my head.  Unmanageable emotions and lots of stuff that was none of my business anyway consumed me.  
Yikes.  
Get me out of here!
'State of Mind' - prismacolor and pigma pen in 8x6 epsilon

Then magically, with the full moon, I moved to a better state characterized by confident wonder and intentional gratitude. I would like to permanently relocate here, but it doesn't seem to work that way - I move around like a vagabond.
Thank you to Elisabeth for this drawing challenge theme.  Please visit her to see more states of mind by some fascinating artists.

11 comments:

  1. It is funny how the states of our mind work, we just can't seem to stay in our favorite one.

    Your drawing sums it up well! xoxo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true how fickle our states become and how we get sucked into others affairs and make them our own
    Your drawing appears to be waking to that conscious gratitude you speak of with flourish! Really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Sus, your drawing reflects your words, there's a lot going on, lot of circling but there is also a strenght in it, a bigger circle holding it all together, beautiful, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. like a vagabond is good, and it pays off too.
    i like the blinking of an eye.. ;)))
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sus,
    I know what you mean.
    When we are introspective there is a chance to find the way inside, into the eye of the storm. Sometimes we are carried away by him, but then suddenly one is in peace. Hold by a bigger energy like in your great drawing. 'Confident' .... I like this word. Beautiful.

    Love
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too
    knowing what you mean
    losing all that energie....
    you made a strong drawing
    confident the word
    and
    thank you moon!

    love
    Patrice A.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...