Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Off Schedule but On Task

This moving deal is not for sissies.  

My studio is going into boxes and dresser drawers for the barge to Seattle.

Among other things, disruption and dismantling of familiar spaces has me off my usual schedule of posting and visiting around Blogland.

Flossy's studio bed is tucked under the oak table which will remain behind in this place.
I am grateful for the fact that my dear friend and artist accomplice Pia will be making this beloved room her studio.

Things I am leaving behind for Pia accumulate in one corner.
I have been working in this room for 15 years.


Today Pia and I are going to be collaborating on our wearable art pieces, working together in what is now, briefly, OUR studio.

My Sea Altar wearable art creation, waiting for the finishing touches.  The runway is Saturday night.
Have you made any major moves lately?


Moving is emotional, exciting, complicated and full of opportunities for simplification.  

Bear with me, Gentle Readers, as I remain (for now) on task, but off schedule.
I believe that as stellar and fabulous as life here has been, the best is yet to come!

10 comments:

  1. No worries from out here, Sus, your very POSITIVE attitude is everything, at the end of the day, and will see you in good stead! btw, have I ever told you I love the way you write? So clear, to the point.

    Nope, you ain't no sissie - and you ain't got nothin' to worry about!
    All best wishes from WA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sus, good luck with it all...a barge! I'm wondering how long it takes. Moving IS a big adventure...am following the various stages with interest and sending you best wishes, good thoughts, and love...xoxo, s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it all, sus. I've moved a lot in my life, and it IS a huge endeavor, in every way possible. Looking so forward to seeing your new digs and studio in the near future. Meanwhile, just take things one day at a time. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're moving?!!

    you know i wish you the best, sus... i'll be following along...

    love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you leave things behind but you will find something new.

    your words and pictures tell me you enjoyed this place, it felt good to work here, that's a very fine memory to take along Sus

    maybe you are to busy but if you would have some time you are very welcome to the dc of this weekend, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to miss being able to pop in on a Friday for tea and a greeting from Flossie, but what a wonderful opportunity for learning, exploring and finding new inspiration.
    xxx Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. you'll grow really fond of these leaving images, i think, later. perhaps already now.
    i find moving a very emotional business... it's been over 3 years since our last and i'm glad we're done. well, for now, anyway.
    good luck already, what with the actual m-o-v-i-n-g.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. 15 years!! oh my that must be a mixed bag of emotion your dealing with...just keep going with it- we are all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. le déménagement d'un atelier.. c'est énorme! courage!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...