Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Birds of a Feather Exhibit at the Clausen Museum

Yesterday painter Carmel Anderson and I hung our exhibit of approximately 60 paintings and sculptures at the Clausen Museum in Petersburg, Alaska.  The opening was well attended and viewers' response was so enthusiastic. 

The museum is small and something of a challenge to arrange work in, but the staff is so helpful that things always end working out beautifully.

Carmel's women paintings were a good match for my procion dye paintings - our colors were as well matched as if we had created them working side by side.


The wall at the back of the exhibit, my painting 'Congregation' on the left.


The painting on the left, 'Flock' was quite popular but was not for sale, as it sold to a gallery in the midwest during my ACRE exhibit.  I will be shipping it in September.

I showed 11 of my small sketches, these four hanging and the others displayed on small table easels.  


The painting on the left, 'Rooted in Water', sold to a close friend from my book group.  Thanks, Barb!

Monoprints, the first pull on the right, the second pull on the left, which has additional color applied with Prismacolor pencils.


These also garnered much attention and provoked discussion.  Center is one of the two remaining paintings from my Burning Bush series.

'Fall', approximately 24"x36" framed size

The painting is called 'Flutter' - the happy soul is me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...