Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Monoprinting on Cotton

On my work table - new monoprints developing.

The figure on the left was painted on top of the ghost of the image on the right. 

detail - color will be applied after the line work cures and the fabric is dry.

I am experimenting with painting on a small foam print plate and stamping these images on the painting.  One of my main objectives this week has been to broaden my range of colors by mixing away from my usual bright palette - to achieve some earthy, amber tones. 

I worked with thickened dyes first and then did washes of thin color, not cleaning my brushes as often as usual.  These pieces are curing and will be washed out next Thursday when I am back in the studio.  It's been a good week - I look forward to seeing this work come out of the dryer.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Nature spirit in the initial line work, a beautiful line.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - please leave me a note.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...