Last week I continued working with thickened Procion dyes. Step one was done by stamping with black dye using my hand-carved rubber stamps 'vocabulary'. After the black has cured I am ready to move on to applying color to my design on the soda-soaked cotton. Here are some close-ups of the work in progress.
|Here I have used a mix of thickened and thin dye. Thickened dye tends to stay where I put it. Thin dye runs.|
These pieces have now been completely dyed, cured, and washed out. I can take them to the sewing machine tomorrow, very exciting! Meanwhile, Flossy and I are off to earn our keep at the Mighty Mighty Day Job today.
Wishing you joy of the morning, Dear Readers.